Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dashboard Cameras

Dashboard Cameras 23 Jan 2012 12:15 #1

• Leopold
  • New South Wales State Rep
I've been scouting around for a while looking for a HD dashboard camera, not only for chasing but also for capturing and sharing the "how not to drive" moments I see each day.

There's a fair market out there and I came across this one... Dash Camera with GPS

The facinating part is, with use of software, it tracks the video via gps and plots where you are on a map, reporting time\date\speed etc.

Must say it's rather tempting.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Dashboard Cameras 23 Jan 2012 12:39 #2

• ShaneE
  • Secretary
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Lee

That does look like a decent Dash Cam, it would be awesome to do timelapses with while on the road, storm chasing or not.

I can see why it would be tempting :)

Re: Dashboard Cameras 26 Dec 2012 12:04 #3

• bjerrems
  • Fresh Boarder
GoPro for me. Works every time!

Re: Dashboard Cameras 13 Jun 2014 04:33 #4

• vkportable
  • Fresh Boarder
bjerrems wrote:
GoPro for me. Works every time!
Probably pointless responding to this given it's age. Although I have to agree GoPro Hero's are a great compromise, especially now with the Hero3+. You get a variety of professional recording formats; 1080p plus Cine modes, which can add a more dramatic effect to a storm building up. They can be mounted in the car - and anywhere else you can think of and they are waterproof.

Get one of the little Gorilla tripods and your mounting positions are limitless, you can even use them to mount the camera to a wire fence while you stay dry in the vehicle.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds